Frequently asked questions
Does the Gas tank neck extension stay in the tank?
No, after the gas has been delivered to the tank, the Gas Tank Neck Extension is removed and the gas cap is replaced.
How Does the Gas Tank Neck Extension function?
The Gas Tank Neck Extension fits directly into the gas tank and holds the vapor barrier on the nozzle back in position to allow for the flow of gasoline. It also suspends the nozzle so that gas can flow freely through the fire suppression screen into the tank while protecting the filter and gas tank neck from damage.
Do you have to remove the fire suppression screen when the Gas Tank Neck Extension is being used?
No the Gas Tank Neck Extension is designed to work with the flame suppression screen in place. The bottom end of the GTNE is tapered to fit snugly into the top of the screen.
What if I do not have my Fire Suppression screen in the tank. Will the Gas Tank Neck Extension still work?
Yes the Gas Tank Neck Extension will work, and we have been told by our customers that it will help protect the gas gauge mechanism from damage.
Will the same GTNE work in both 1928-1929 cars as well as 1930-1931?
I am afraid not. Ford changed the gas tank cap design in 1930, so the gas cap from a 1928 will not fit on a 1931 and neither will the wrong year GTNE. Good news, I have both styles in stock ready to deliver.
How do you use the Gas Tank Neck Extension?
When using the 1928-1929 GTNE please follow these simple instructions:
1. Prior to using the first time and occasionally thereafter as needed, grease the "O" ring with a little petroleum jelly or point's lube.
2. Remove the gas cap from tank
3. Insert Gas Tank Neck Extension and snap into place.
4. Insert nozzle and start gas flowing into tank. (Attend nozzle at all times.) When the tank is full the nozzle will shut off automatically.
5. Remove nozzle and Gas Tank Neck Extension and replace the gas cap on the tank.
When using the 1930-1931 Gas Tank Neck Extension please follow these simple instructions:
1. Remove gas cap from tank.
2. Insert Gas Tank Neck Extension in to the gas tank neck and twist lightly to secure in place
3. Insert nozzle and start gas flowing in to the tank. (Attend nozzle at all times.) When the tank is full the nozzle will automatically shut off and stop gas flowing into tank.
4. Remove nozzle and Gas Tank Neck Extension and replace the gas cap back on the tank.
What is the Gas Tank Neck Extension made of and what country is it manufactured in?
The Gas Tank Neck Extension is made in America. It is manufactured from 6061-T6 Aluminum, making it extremely strong, durable, conductive and oxidation resistant.
My 1928-29 Gas Tank Neck Extension snaps into place but is then able to move a little or can be swiveled when fully inserted. Is that okay?
Yes, that is how the 1928-29 Gas Tank Neck Extension is designed to fit. Remember it's function is to hold the gasoline nozzle in position to allow you to easily fill your tank. The neck snaps into place to hold it in the tank, a little movement once it is in place does not effect the function of the tool. I have a 1929 Roadster and that is exactly how mine works.